Monday 29 June 2009

The state of the art...

... or what this blog is all about.

Over recent years my second favourite sporting activity (road cycling) has become decidedly glamorous. The likes of Rapha and Solo have been producing the most stylish clothing, while over at the Washing Machine Post (twmp) and VeloDramatic internet journalism has been taken to new highs. For me, though, the absolute pinnacle of this art is Rouleur, which could almost be considered the print form of those two websites.

However, for me, the running manufacturers and press (particularly in the UK) have been left behind. And this is where I come in. In my own small way, I want to bring some of the informed reporting of twmp and the style of Rouleur to the world of distance running. I don't for a minute imagine I'll achieve anything even approaching that, but I'm going to try. And I can't see us running down to the pub in an equivalent of the Rapha Fixed shorts (I for one would be thrown out for being too sweaty), but maybe we can get some more stylish race kit delivered from the manufacturers.

So hold on for reviews and ramblings, thoughts on events and hopefully some interviews all to do with the distance running world (and occasionally the road cycling / cyclocross one too).

No comments: