Wednesday 8 December 2010

I love it when a plan comes together

I've been aimlessly meandering about with my running and cycling since the Windermere Marathon in May, which was the last time I "raced". And now the footpaths are like a skating rink so running's out, the shed's a mess so the bike trainer's out and I've been sat on my backside for a over a week doing nothing. I'm starting to climb the walls.

It's time for a plan.

And this is it. In 2011, I'm going to aim to run two marathons: Edinburgh in May and and the new Coniston trail marathon in July.Obviously that's no the whole plan. I've unfortunately missed the entries for the Four Villages Half Marathon in January so need to find something to fill that early season gap; and I'll have a trip to the Bolton 10K in April. But there's a plan there.

And there needs to be a plan in place for afterwards by the time I get to the finish line at Coniston. This year I put into practice the lessons I'd learned about preparation for the marathon, next year I need to put into practice what I'm learning about preparing for after a marathon.I fell out of love a little with running this year, and I'm not wanting to repeat that experience in 2011.

Will this plan work? Only time will tell, but at least it's there and on another cold dark morning at the office that's enough for me.

Edinburgh marathon | Lakeland Trails marathon

No comments: